Gently used. Expect delivery in 2-3 weeks. Codice inventario libreria
This title employs biochemical, cell biological, and genetic approaches to study mitochondrial structure, function, and biogenesis. Also of interest are the consequences of impaired mitochondrial function on cells, tissues, and organs.
The book is full of step-by-step "how to" methods with sample results, interpretations, and pitfalls. There is a unique set of appendices that include gene catalogs, mtDNA maps, and reagents for probing respiratory chain function. Finally, there are applications of state-of-the art microarray and gene chip technologies.
From the Back Cover:
Are you interested in the relationship between mitochondria and your pet protein? Do you have a protein that you think is targeted to mitochondria? Are you working on a disease that causes or is influenced by respiratory chain dysfunction? Are you interested in the role that mitochondria play in cell death? Have you ever wondered what mitochondrial look like or how they move and divide? Approaches to addressing these and other questions are found in Mitochondria. This is the first Methods in Cell Biology volume to be published on the topic in over a decade, an interval that has witnessed phenomenal advances in the field.
* Modern, proven methods that impact on all aspects of mitochondrial structure, function, and biogenesis
* Theoretical basis for all methods; not only how they work, but why they work
* Contributions from leaders in the field, including Guiseppi Attardi, Ron Butow, and Walter Neupert
Topics Covered Include:
* Isolation of mitochondria from commonly used cells and tissues
* Assays for mitochondrial activities, including respiration, ATP production, permeability, protein import, and interactions with the cytoskeleton
* Biochemical and optical methods for studying protein-protein interactions in mitochondria
* Approaches to studying mitochondrial replication, transcription, and translation
* Transmitochondrial technologies
* Methods in microassay data analysis
Titolo: Mitochondria, Volume 65 (Methods in Cell ...
Casa editrice: Academic Press
Data di pubblicazione: 2001
Condizione libro: very good
Descrizione libro Elsevier Science & Technology Books. Paperback. Condizione libro: Good. Book shows a small amount of wear to cover and binding. Some pages show signs of use. Codice libro della libreria G0125612850I3N00
Descrizione libro Academic Press, 2001. Paperback. Condizione libro: Good. 1. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Codice libro della libreria 0125612850