Titolo: Make Your Own Japanese Clothes: Patterns and...
Casa editrice: Kodansha USA
Data di pubblicazione: 1988
Legatura: Soft cover
Condizione libro: New
Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: Contains detailed instructions on making Japanese garments, from kimono towo-toe socks, using either traditional Japanese sewing methods or easierodern methods. The book includes patterns, fabric suggestions and sizingnstructions. Codice inventario libreria ABE_book_new_087011865X
Riassunto: Classical elegance. Loose-fitting comfort. Versatility. Functional design. These are just some of the reasons why traditional Japanese clothes have captured the imagination of modern fashion designers and stylish dressers around the world.
Making Japanese clothes is surprisingly simple. Patterns consist of virtually all straight lines, and the non-body-conforming shapes require no darts, buttonholes, or zippers.
Here, in this creative sourcebook, is all the information you need to sew authentic Japanese clothes or to design your own Japan-inspired fashions:
· Step-by-step instructions for making 14 select traditional garments, from the luxurious wedding rove and the classic kimono to the informal hanten jacket and practical field pants
· Detailed patterns that can be adjusted to fit any size
· An introduction to the basic building blockssleeve shapes, collars, hems, linings, and paddingso creative sewers can design their own fashions
· Over 40 sketches with many more suggestions for modern variations on the classic garments
· A choice of authentic Japanese techniques or simplified methods that achieve the same look
· How to use any width fabric, whether narrow Japanese fabric or standard Western widths
· Sources of Japanese fabric and sewing accessories
· Care and storage guidelines
· Fabric suggestions, ideas for creative wear, historical information, and much more!
JOHN MARSHALL, who studied traditional dyeing and garment construction in Japan for five years, is a textile artist and fashion designer.
Metodi di pagamento
La libreria accetta i seguenti metodi di pagamento:
Libreria AbeBooks dal: 7 maggio 2014
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the AbeBooks web
sites. If you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as
Described/Damaged) or if the order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund
within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. If you've changed your mind
about a book that you've ordered, please use the Ask bookseller a question link
to contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.