Titolo: Route 28: A Mile by Mile Guide to New York's...
Casa editrice: North Country Books
Data di pubblicazione: 1998
Condizione libro: very good
Gently used. Expect delivery in 20 days. Codice inventario libreria 9780966342604-3
Riassunto: Discover the fun and adventure awaiting you on New York's Route 28. From Kingston to Cooperstown, the Catskills to the Adirondacks, and Woodstock to Warrensburg, Route 28: A Mile-by-Mile Guide to New York's Adventure Route helps you easily find: Airplane Rides, Amusements, Antique Shops, Art Galleries, ATMs, B&Bs, Baseball Hall of Fame, Bicycling, Boat Rentals, Boat Rides, Cabins, Campgrounds, Canoeing, Car Service, Cross-country Skiing, Equipment Rentals, Fishing Access Sites, Food Markets, Gas Stations, Golf Courses, Gun Shops, Hiking Trails, Horseback Riding, Hotels & Motels, Ice Cream Stands, Kayak Races, Libraries, Miniature Golf, Mountain Biking, Movie Theaters, Museums, Opera, Parks, Performing Arts, Picnic Areas, R/V Parks, Rest Areas, Restaurants, Shopping, Ski Centers, Snack Bars, Snowmobiling, Soccer Hall of Fame, Specialty Shops, Tackle Shops, Theaters, Tourist Information, Train Rides, Tubing, Water Slide, Whitewater Rafting, ...and more!
Route 28: A Mile-by-Mile Guide to New York's Adventure Route:
- is the only guidebook devoted exclusively to New York's route 28.
- helps you find more than 2,400 restaurants, hotels, B&Bs, resorts, hiking trails, ski centers, canoe rentals, campgrounds, golf courses, fishing spots, snowmobile trails, boat and airplane rides, museums, antique shops, shopping, gas stations, ATMs, and much more.
- reveals little-known places and long-forgotten facts about a uniquely beautiful and diverse road to adventure.
- is a practical directory to virtually everything of interest along the 282-mile-long road.
- includes coverage of popular and well-known tourist destinations including Woodstock, the Catskill Park, Cooperstown, the Adirondack Park, Old Forge, and much more.
- contains explicit travel directions exact to the tenth of a mile.
- contains photos, appendices, and a comprehensive index.
- is the perfect traveler's companion to this beautiful and scenic road.
Route 28: A Mile-by-Mile Guide to New York's Adventure Route is the perfect tool to help you find Route 28's hidden treasures from one end to the other:
Kingston, Woodstock, Phoenicia, Pine Hill, Fleischmanns, Arkville, Margaretville, Andes, Delhi, Oneonta, Colliersville, Milford, Cooperstown, Richfield Springs, Mohawk, Herkimer, Newport, Barneveld, Remsen, Alder Creek, Thendara, Old Forge, Eagle Bay, Inlet, Raquette Lake, Blue Mountain Lake, Indian Lake, North River, North Creek, Warrensburg, and more.
L'autore: Rob Scharpf was born in Kingston and lived in the Kingston and Woodstock area for nearly half a century, during which time he often traveled Route 28 in pursuit of hiking, skiing, camping, canoeing, and fishing. After a 30-year career with a major computer manufacturer, he and his dog Rip departed Kingston aboard Rob's sailboat Uncle Wiggily, bound for Florida. Upon reaching Florida unscathed, Rob spent more than two years researching and writing this guide to his favorite road so other people can share the enjoyment and adventure of Route 28. When asked why he wrote about route 28, Scharpf replied, "It's an exciting road. It leads to mountains and valleys, lakes and streams, cities and villages, and a cornucopia of activities, attractions, and adventure. It's like no other road in the world. Drive it and you'll see." Rob and Rip currently live in Melbourne, Florida.
Metodi di pagamento
La libreria accetta i seguenti metodi di pagamento:
Libreria AbeBooks dal: 13 giugno 2014
We guarantee the condition of every book as it is described on the Abebooks web sites. If
you are dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as Described/Damaged) or if the
order has not arrived, you are eligible for a refund within 30 days of the estimated delivery
date. If you have changed your mind about a book that you have ordered, please use the Ask
bookseller a question link to contact us and we will respond within 2 business days.
Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.
Descrizione libreria: Nearfine Books is a bookseller specialised in hard-to-find and out-of-print titles. We are based in London and New York.