Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Codice inventario libreria
When young magicians Carter and Sadie Kane learned how to follow the path of the Ancient Egyptian gods, they knew they would have to play an important role in restoring Ma’at―order―to the world. What they didn’t know is how chaotic the world would become. The Chaos snake Apophis is loose and threatening to destroy the earth in three days’ time. The magicians are divided. The gods are disappearing, and those who remain are weak. Walt, one of Carter and Sadie’s most gifted initiates, is doomed and can already feel his life force ebbing. Zia is too busy babysitting the senile sun god, Ra, to be of much help. What are a couple of teenagers and a handful of young trainees to do?
There is possibly one way to stop Apophis, but it is so difficult that it might cost Carter and Sadie their lives, if it even works at all. It involves trusting the ghost of a psychopathic magician not to betray them, or worse, kill them. They’d have to be crazy to try it. Well, call them crazy.
With hilarious asides, memorable monsters, and an ever-changing crew of friends and foes, the excitement never lets up in The Serpent’s Shadow, a thoroughly entertaining and satisfying conclusion to the Kane Chronicles.
Review:Amazon Exclusive: What are Sadie and Carter Kane Reading?
Sadie Kane: "Reading? You should talk to my brother the genius... Sometimes I read books about London and occasionally I try to learn new hieroglyphics, but mostly I’m too busy with trainees and trying to defeat Apophis.”
My Reading List:
· The Symbolic World of Egyptian Amulets by Philippe Germond
· Treasures of the British Museum by Marjorie Caygill
· The Annotated Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
· A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
· The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
· City Secrets London: The Essential Insider’s Guide by Robert Kahn and Tim Adams
· The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
· Concise Dictionary of Middle Egyptian by R.O. Faulkner
· Egyptian Love Spells and Rituals by Claudia Dillaire
· Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Carter Kane: “I read a lot. That’s why Sadie calls me Mr. Wikipedia. My dad is a pretty big history buff, so I read classics and try to learn as much as I can about Egypt and my ancestors. It’s good research when you’re trying to saving the world.”
My Reading List:
· The Penguin Historical Atlas of Ancient Civilizations by John Haywood
· Falconry: The Essential Guide by Steve Wright
· The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
· The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr., by Martin Luther King and Clayborne Carson
· The Egyptian Book of the Dead translated by Robert P. Winston and Wallace Budge
· Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau
· The Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt by Elizabeth Payne
· The LA Lakers: 50 Amazing Years in the City of Angels by the LA Times Sports Staff
· Britannia in Brief: The Scoop on All Things British by Leslie Baker and William Mullins
· The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
Condizione libro: New
Descrizione libro Brilliance Audio, 2012. MP3_CD. Condizione libro: Very Good. BRAND NEW MP3-CD. New Sealed in the Shrink Wrap MP3-CD, gift quality for your home and library. Just a bit of shelf wear. Enjoy the whole performance on 1 MP3-CD NEW IN THE SHRINK WRAP. Codice libro della libreria 08252016140417
Descrizione libro Brilliance Audio, 2012. Compact Disc. Condizione libro: Brand New. mp3 una edition. 7.75x5.75x0.50 inches. In Stock. Codice libro della libreria 1455808474