Titolo: Stretching Scientifically: A Guide to ...
Casa editrice: Stadion Publishing Co
Data di pubblicazione: 2003
Legatura: Soft cover
Condizione libro: New
Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Codice inventario libreria ABE_book_new_0940149451
Riassunto: Use our method to attain maximum height in your kicks and to be able to kick at that height with no warm-up!
* How to stretch safely and quickly to achieve and maintain your maximum flexibility
* How to make your muscles grow stronger and longer so you stay flexible all the time
* How to do splits even if you are over 40 or 50
* How to kick high and do splits with no warm-up
* How to develop each of the three kinds of flexibility—dynamic, static active and static passive—to suit every athlete's needs
* What exercises are "no-no's" if you want to stretch your muscles
* All the factors limiting flexibility
* Brilliantly simple tests of hip joint mobility and muscle length that dispel common misconceptions of what limits flexibility the most
Dall'editore: The fourth edition of STRETCHING SCIENTIFICALLY, A Guide to Flexibility Training (copyright 2003), by Thomas Kurz, is now available from Stadion Publishing Inc. Improved layout and more photos enhance the most up-to-date science explained in practical terms for athletes, instructors, and coaches.
As always, flexibility expert Kurz stresses the correct sequences of exercises and stretches that make up his safest and fastest stretching method. If you teach others, you must know this method. "You have to know when to do which stretch to get the most out of it," Kurz said. "It is like putting on your socks and shoes--what goes on first makes a lot of difference!"
The "Questions and Answers" chapter is bigger and divided into sections such as Injuries and Stretching, Pain or Soreness and Stretching, Age and Stretching, What and When, Sounds In and Around Joints. Kurz also includes a simple test that will let you test your flexibility potential.
Metodi di pagamento
La libreria accetta i seguenti metodi di pagamento:
Libreria AbeBooks dal: 7 maggio 2014
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the AbeBooks web
sites. If you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as
Described/Damaged) or if the order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund
within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. If you've changed your mind
about a book that you've ordered, please use the Ask bookseller a question link
to contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.