Used - Good TEXTBOOK ONLY 1st Edition May contain highlighting/underlining/notes/etc. May have used stickers on cover. Ships same or next day. Expedited shipping takes 2-3 business days; standard shipping takes 4-14 business days. Codice inventario libreria
Riassunto: Take Note: An Introduction to Music Through Active Listening is an innovative music appreciation text, designed to help students become active and attentive listeners through an in-depth examination of a recurring repertory of core musical works. By exploring each element of music through the lens of these core works--which were carefully selected to represent a variety of styles and genres--students deepen their understanding of how music works and develop strong listening skills that will enhance their enjoyment of music. Combining this listening-centered approach with an overview of Western music history, interactive activities, and in-text features that invite students to discover additional works outside of the classroom, Take Note prepares students for a lifetime of music appreciation.
* Listening-centered approach: develops students' understanding of the basic elements of music
* Recurring core repertory: explores the elements of music through a select group of musical works that reflect a variety of styles (piano, winds, brass, and percussion) and genres (jazz, lieder, world, and choral music)
* Historical context: gives students an overview of Western music from the Medieval period to the present through a 3-chapter historical survey, timelines, and "Focus On," "In History," and "Across the Arts" boxes
* "If You Liked This Music" boxes: encourages students to expand their playlists and listening skills beyond the core repertory by offering additional listening suggestions throughout the text
* Dashboard for Take Note: offers streaming audio of all of the musical selections in the text plus instrument videos, activities, and interactive listening guides that provide moment-by-moment explanations of key works through a running commentary. Save money by purchasing a new book bundled with a Dashboard access code or purchase Dashboard separately at www.oup.com/us/wallace.
About the Author:
Robin Wallace is Professor of Musicology at Baylor University. He is the author of Beethoven's Critics (Cambridge University Press, 1986), coeditor and translator for the series The Critical Reception of Beethoven's Compositions, and has published articles and reviews in Music and Letters, The Journal of Musicology, The Journal of Musicological Research, Beethoven Forum and Music Library Association Notes.
Titolo: Take Note: An Introduction to Music Through ...
Casa editrice: Oxford University Press
Condizione libro: Good
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press. Condizione libro: Fair. 0195314336 Used texts DO NOT include supplements such as CDs or access codes. This text contains extensive; bookstore stickers on cover, writing, highlighting, etc. Satisfaction Guaranteed. Orders ship within 1-2 business days w/ free tracking. Codice libro della libreria Z0195314336Z4
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Acceptable. Reading copy. May have signs of wear and previous use (scuffs, writing, underlining). Dust jacket may be missing. Codice libro della libreria 3IIEND000C8Y
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press 2014-02-06, 2014. Paperback. Condizione libro: Fine. 1. 0195314336 LIKE NEW/UNREAD!!! Text is Clean and Unmarked! Has a small black line on bottom/exterior edge of pages. Tracking is not available for orders shipped outside of the United States. **Heavier books will require additional postage for International** PA Sales Tax is included in purchase price. Codice libro della libreria OHE17-PB39-LN-0195314336
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Condizione libro: Fine. 0195314336 RECEIVE IN 2-4 DAYS! ALMOST NEW! Book is absolutely CLEAN, ONLY HAS STICKERS ON THE COVER! NO RE-SELLERS please. Satisfaction Guaranteed! &. Codice libro della libreria SKU1034408
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Condizione libro: Good. 0195314336 Instructors edition! Item has some cover wear but otherwise in good condition!!Used texts may not include supplemental material. Codice libro della libreria Z0195314336Z3
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press. Condizione libro: Good. Orders ship the same or next business day. All orders ship with a tracking number. Codice libro della libreria REN-309-06181
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press, USA. Condizione libro: Good. Has used stickers on cover. Proven Seller with Excellent Customer Service. Choose EXPEDITED shipping and get it FAST!. Codice libro della libreria GRE-IE0-193
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press. Condizione libro: Good. Used books cannot guarantee unused access codes or working CD's! Ships fast. Ships fast! Ships from USA!. Codice libro della libreria KCC-OOB-219-12557
Descrizione libro Paperback. Condizione libro: As New. AS NEW in Excellent condition -- Appears Unread -- Great DEAL !! Fast Shipping -- Friendly Customer Service -- Buy with Confidence!. Codice libro della libreria RP0195314336LN
Descrizione libro Paperback. Condizione libro: Very Good. VERY GOOD condition -- Slightly used book with little highlights and markings inside -- Minor cover wear -- Book Only -- Great DEAL !! Fast Shipping -- Friendly Customer Service -- Buy with Confidence!. Codice libro della libreria RP0195314336VG