Titolo: Trading Options in Turbulent Markets: Master...
Casa editrice: Bloomberg Press
Data di pubblicazione: 2010
Condizione libro: New
Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: Shover covers the essential concepts of market volatility and its effects on options. He shows how to shape and optimize trades through practical option strategies that deliver both yield enhancement and downside protection. Light on math, the book instead emphasizes an understanding of the concepts to use options effectively. Using real-life examples and anecdotes from his experience as a trader and teacher, Shover fully engages readers in learning about options trading. Codice inventario libreria ABE_book_new_1576603601
Riassunto: A thoughtful presentation of options trading and pricing which discusses the impact of volatility in the process
Trading Options in Turbulent Markets reveals how volatility in options trading relates to today's stormy marketplace and shows you how to manage risk and take advantage of market volatility when investing in derivatives. In this book, options expert Larry Shover skillfully addresses how to use historical volatility to predict future volatility for a security, or the implied volatility, and offers suggestions for dealing with that odd feature of options trading known as skew.
Trading Options in Turbulent Markets also looks at specific options trading strategies that help you offset risk and reach for profit. These include the covered call, the naked and the married puts, collars, straddles, vertical spreads, calendar spreads, butterflies, condors, and more.
Filled with in-depth insights and practical advice, this important resource explores how to turn turbulent markets into profitable opportunities, and discusses why options are the best tool to use in such a difficult endeavor.
From the Author: Six Things You Need to Know About Option Volatility
1. Option volatility is the direct result of an inefficient marketplace. It?s the collective product of people's fear, irrationality, and outlook on the market.
2. Option volatility is persistent in nature. Periods of low or high volatility tend to remain for far-reaching and extended amounts of time.
3. A sudden change in option volatility can quickly alter your emotions. It can trigger fright and dull the brains ability to make wise decisions.
4. Baseball has a saying, ?The ball will always find you.? Option trading has a similar saying, ?Option volatility will eventually find you.? Volatility will inevitably strike you when you are least prepared.
5. Option volatility is a great unknown. No matter what is said, modeled, or written about it, volatility simply cannot be forecasted.
6. Option volatility amounts to risk ? and that risk is derived from the notion of randomness that surrounds us.
Descrizione del libro:
Investors and traders face an economic landscape marked by uncertainty, crisis, and stress that has generated soaring volatility. But options can actually turn that turbulence to a profit-making advantage. In this book, Shover covers the essential concepts of market volatility and its effects on options. He shows how to shape and optimize trades through practical option strategies that deliver both yield enhancement and downside protection. Light on math, the book instead emphasizes an understanding of the concepts to use options effectively.
Using real-life examples and anecdotes from his experience as a trader and teacher, Shover fully engages readers in learning about options trading.
Metodi di pagamento
La libreria accetta i seguenti metodi di pagamento:
Libreria AbeBooks dal: 7 maggio 2014
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the AbeBooks web
sites. If you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as
Described/Damaged) or if the order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund
within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. If you've changed your mind
about a book that you've ordered, please use the Ask bookseller a question link
to contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.
Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.