Gently used. Expect delivery in 20 days. Codice inventario libreria
Riassunto: A girl, born illegitimately in a small town where "bastard " children were not readily acceptable, who survived sexual and spoisal abuse but never dwelled on being a victim.
-a lifelong effort to win the approval of her real father
- meeting the right man and combining his three children and her four so there was never any
"yours" and "mine" only and always "ours".
- a family of five daughters and two sons who were willing to take some unbelievable risks
- an extended family that for over twelve-and-a-half years opened their home to juveniles, many of whom had been condemned as delinquents. Over two hundred kids, whom society had failed, and some parents had rejected, lived at Windy Hill. Not all of their stories are told, but some heart warming successes as well as heartbreaking failures are shared.
- a father who quit his job when there were many mouths to feed to start his own business and make his dream--the American dream come true.
- the struggles of a woman who takes on politics where discrimination was rampant and who constantly struggled with an unyielding bureaucracy.
Dall'autore: I began writing this story more or less to simply benifit myself. Hoping that recording my past, looking at it objectively would enhance my ability to forgive all who were involved. I then realized that others had perhaps lived in similar situations. I then decided to share it all in hopes that it might give strength to at least one person and offend no one. I have heard from several who have read WINDY HILL and am pleased that this book in truth has been helpful.
Titolo: Windy Hill
Casa editrice: Washington House
Data di pubblicazione: 2003
Condizione libro: very good
Descrizione libro Washington House, 2003. Hardcover. Condizione libro: Used: Good. Codice libro della libreria SONG1932581189
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Very Good. Book Condition: Very Good. Codice libro della libreria 97819325811883.0
Descrizione libro Washington House. Hardcover. Condizione libro: VERY GOOD. Cover and pages show some wear from reading and storage. May have light creases on the cover and binding. Some pages may contain writing and or highlighting. Codice libro della libreria 2705976014
Descrizione libro Washington House, 2003. Hardcover. Condizione libro: Collectible: Very Good. Washington House 2003 first edition hardcover, inscribed Prompt, reliable service, shipped next business day. Int'l mailed via first class or priority. Codice libro della libreria WhcNF116111
Descrizione libro Washington House, 2003. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P111932581189
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Codice libro della libreria 97819325811881.0
Descrizione libro Washington House, 2003. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria DADAX1932581189
Descrizione libro Washington House, 2003. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 1932581189