Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Codice inventario libreria
Riassunto: An accessible, fully illustrated companion to women's wellness and well-being at every stage of life-- from the leading organization of women health providers, the American Women's Health Association.
Unlike other books, which focus on illness, disease therapies, and medical treatments, this book emphasizes ways to help women of all ages stay healthy using prevention, screening, and early detection. It also presents a complete picture of women's health, including advice on:
* Eating for wellness
* Mental health issues
* Communicating well with your doctor
* Healthy sexuality and family planning
* Overcoming substance abuse
Did you know that...
* Heart disease is the number-one killer of women? Learn how you can lower your risk.
* You may be at risk for depression-- because you are a woman? Find out what genetic or lifestyle factors can trigger this disease, and ways to cope.
* A woman's chances of surviving breast cancer are very high-- up to 97 percent-- when it is caught before it has spread to other parts of the body? Learn self-examinations and the latest recommendations for gynecological exams and mammograms.
* More than 10,000 women-- from every walk of life-- are diagnosed annually with HIV? Make sure you know how to eliminate your risk of AIDS and HIV, and find out if you fall into one of the eight categories of women who should get an HIV test.
* Smoking just one to four cigarettes a day doubles your risk of heart attack? Discover the latest approaches to stopping smoking.
Fully illustrated and featuring many charts and helpful "wellness tips" and "wellness warnings," The Women's Complete Wellness Book is much more than a reference book-- it is a guide for healthy living through all the stages of a woman's life. Learn from AMWA's years of experience and position on the cutting edge of the newest medical research.
Recensione: Thank goodness, an accessible medical guide for women that's actually written by women. While it focuses on prevention, it's vastly educational and empowering for when you do find yourself miserably sick or injured--or just curious about a particular health topic. Unlike other guides that combine statistics for men and women, the Women's Wellness Book has dug up the facts that matter to help you improve your health. Supremely organized into 25 skillfully written chapters, it's replete with charts, line drawings, and photos, with helpful "wellness tips" and "wellness warnings" in the margins throughout. Emotional health and sexuality are given much more coverage here than in most home health references, and the sections on menopause and perimenopause (a subject overlooked in many other similar books) are among the most comprehensive and up-to-date around.
Condizione libro: New
Descrizione libro Golden Books Pub Co (Adult), 1998. Condizione libro: Good. N/A. Former Library book. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Codice libro della libreria GRP3071256
Descrizione libro Golden Books Pub Co (Adult). Hardcover. Condizione libro: GOOD. Good clean copy with no missing pages might be an ex library copy; Possibly may have minor marginal notes and or highlighting. Codice libro della libreria 2534509675
Descrizione libro Golden Books Pub Co (Adult), 1998. Condizione libro: Very Good. N/A. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Codice libro della libreria GRP70008525
Descrizione libro Golden Books Pub Co (Adult), 1998. Condizione libro: Good. N/A. Ships from Reno, NV. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Codice libro della libreria GRP89761390
Descrizione libro Golden. Hardcover. Condizione libro: As New. Nearly brand new book that shows only slight signs of wear. Codice libro della libreria G0307440621I2N00
Descrizione libro Golden Books Pub Co (Adult). Condizione libro: As New. Very Good dust jacket. Codice libro della libreria Q07E-mmpdA10919n
Descrizione libro Golden Books Pub Co (Adult), 1998. Hardcover. Condizione libro: Used: Very Good. Codice libro della libreria SONG0307440621
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Very Good. Book Condition: Very Good. Codice libro della libreria 97803074406243.0
Descrizione libro Golden Books Pub Co (Adult), 1998. Hardcover. Condizione libro: Used - Very Good. 1998 - First Printing. 596 Pages. Book has shelf wear on edges and corners. Bumps on edges. Dustjacket has light shelf wear. Hardback. 1998-06. Codice libro della libreria SKU-6110034
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Like New. Book Condition: Like New. Codice libro della libreria 97803074406242.0