Al momento non sono disponibili copie per questo codice ISBN.Vedi tutte le copie di questo ISBN:
Comprehensive, accessible, and LOGICAL-an outstanding treatment of elasticity in engineering mechanics
Arthur Boresi and Ken Chong's Elasticity in Engineering Mechanics has been prized by many aspiring and practicing engineers as an easy-to-navigate guide to an area of engineering science that is fundamental to aeronautical, civil, and mechanical engineering, and to other branches of engineering. With its focus not only on elasticity theory but also on concrete applications in real engineering situations, this acclaimed work is a core text in a spectrum of courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and a superior reference for engineering professionals. With more than 200 graphs, charts, and tables, this Second Edition includes:
* A complete solutions manual for instructors
* Clear explorations of such topics as deformation and stress, stress-strain-temperature relations, plane elasticity with respect to rectangular and polar coordinates, thermal stresses, and end loads
* Discussions of deformation and stress treated separately for clarity, with emphasis on both their independence and mathematical similarities
* An overview of the mathematical preliminaries to all aspects of elasticity, from stress analysis to vector fields, from the divergence theorem to tensor algebra
* Real-world examples and problem sets illustrating the most common elasticity solutions-such as equilibrium equations, the Galerkin vector, and Kelvin's problem
* A series of appendixes covering advanced topics such as complex variables and couple-stress theory
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
"Designers can utilize the contents of this book to understand the value as well as the limitations of the data." (Corrosion Review, August 2002)L'autore:
ARTHUR P. BORESI, PhD, is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Civil andArchitectural Engineering at the University of Wyoming in Laramie. He is the coauthor of a number of books, including Statics and Dynamics, Approximate Solution Methods in Engineering Mechanics, and Advanced Mechanics of Materials (Wiley).
KEN P. CHONG, PhD, PE, is Director of the Mechanics and Materials Program at the National Science Foundation (NSF) in Arlington, Virginia. He is the author of books that include Intelligent Structures, Mechanics of Oil Shale, and Materials for the New Millennium.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Wiley-Interscience. Condizione: new. Codice articolo think0471316148
Descrizione libro Condizione: New. New. Codice articolo S-0471316148
Descrizione libro Condizione: New. New. Codice articolo E-0471316148
Descrizione libro Condizione: New. New. Codice articolo EX-0471316148