1433603276 BRAND NEW!! MULTIPLE COPIES AVAILABLE. NEW CONDITION!! 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!! BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! WE SHIP DAILY!!EXPEDITED SHIPPING AVAILABLE. Codice inventario libreria 9781433603273
Su questo libro:
Developed in direct response to what consumer focus groups asked for, only one study Bible delivers more than you?d expect?right where you?d expect it.
When reading a passage in the Bible, you shouldn?t have to wonder where to find supporting reference notes and commentary that go along with it. That?s why the HCSB Study Bible
-featuring approximately 15,000 study notes-is designed so that every clarifying resource is there on the same page spread as the biblical text to which it refers. You?ll never again forget what you were looking for, because the pertinent note, map, chart, word study, or illustration is already there. And when an even deeper view is desired, there are also intro- ductions for each book, outlines, timelines, a topical concordance, and more.
For the growing believer whose desire is to know Scripture more intimately and live out its loving instruction, the HCSB Study Bible
always keeps you and God on the same page.
- 290 word studies
- 141 photographs
- 62 timelines
- 59 maps
- 24 articles
- 16 illustrations/reconstructions
- 15 charts
- Four-color presentation pages
- Two-column text setting
- Two-piece gift box (non-hardcover)
- One- and three-year Bible reading plans
- Center column references
- Topical subheads
- Black letter text
The Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) Translation Team includes one hundred men and women representing 17 different protestant denominations and reflecting the very best in updated Bible translation scholarship. Above all, each contributor involved honors the Bible as God?s inspired and inerrant Word. In addition to the core translation team led by general editor Edwin A. Blum, as well as the Holman Bible editorial staff, contributors to the HCSB Study Bible include Jeremy Royal Howard, Craig L. Blomberg, Gary Habermas, Walt Kaiser, Mary A. Kassian, Andreas Köstenberger, Robert A. Stein, Ed Stetzer, and dozens more.
Jeremy Royal Howard
Born August 16, 1972
Wife: Simone (Piaggi) Howard, a native of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Children: Isaac Vaughn (2001), Josie Marie (2004), Silas Athanasius (2007), Peter Seth (2009)
Doctor of Philosophy (2005 ? Southern Baptist Theological Seminary ? Louisville, KY)
- Major: Christian Apologetics and Worldview Studies
- Minors: Philosophy and Systematic Theology
- Dissertation: The Copenhagen Interpretation of Quantum Physics: An
Assessment of Its Fitness for Use in Christian Theology and Apologetics
- Supervisor: James Parker III
Master of Divinity
- Committee: Bruce Ware, Stephen Wellum, and Ronald Nash
(2001 ? Southern Baptist Theological Seminary ? Louisville, KY)
Bachelor of Science
- Major: Theology and Pastoral track
(1997 ? Tennessee Technological University ? Cookeville, TN)
- Honors: Phi Kappa Phi, Who?s Who in American Colleges and Universities, Vice President of the Chemical/Medical Club
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Director of Publishing for Bibles and Reference Books
? B&H Publishing Group. August 2009 to present. Editor of Bibles and Reference Books
? B&H Publishing Group. July 2007 to July 2009. Writer / Researcher / Instructor
? GobalReach, a ministry of Fellowship Bible Church, Little Rock. I co-authored several works with Dr. Robert Lewis and also taught in the church?s Equipping Center. 2005 to 2007. Teaching Assistant
? Southern Baptist Theological Seminary ? serving James Parker III in 2003, and Ronald H. Nash from 2003 through 2004. Duties included substitute teaching in theology, philosophy, apologetics, and church history for classes at Boyce College and Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Supervisor
? United Parcel Service, Louisville, KY. Twilight Ground Sort. 2002 to 2004. Leadership Residency Program
? Fellowship Bible Church ? 2001 to 2002. Studied Fellowship Bible Church?s I2 philosophy ? where Christian disciples are encouraged to lead by doing ministry in the community. Head Pastor
? New Hope Baptist Church, Greenville, IN ? 1999 to 2001. Student Ambassador
? Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1999 ? 2001. Represented SBTS and Boyce College at graduate fairs and youth conferences at major universities, and raised funds via phone calls to donors and alumni. Conducted campus tours for prospective students and dignitaries. Youth Minister
? New Hope Baptist Church, Greenville, IN ? 1998. Youth Minister
? First Baptist Church, Celina, TN ? 1997. PUBLICATIONS AND PAPERS Books ? Author or Contributor
- Holman QuickSource Guide to Understanding Jesus ? B&H Publishing, 2009.
- Is Jesus Alive Today? The Evidence and Why It Matters to You ? B&H Publishing, 2008. Author of the title essay, which is an apologetic for the atoning death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Christianity and Quantum Physics: Assessing the Fitness of the Copenhagen Interpretation for Use in Christian Theology and Apologetics ? VDM, 2008.
- The New Eve: Choosing God?s Best for Your Life ? B&H Publishing, 2008. Co-author with Dr. Robert Lewis.
- The Men?s Fraternity Bible ? B&H Publishing, 2007. Editor and concept designer.
- ?The Origins of the Gospel: Human Ideas or Divine Revelation,? in If God Made the Universe, Who Made God? B&H Publishing Group, February 1, 2012.
- ?Scripture and the Pre-scientific Worldview,? in If God Made the Universe, Who Made God? B&H Publishing Group, February 1, 2012.
- ?Women Witnesses to the Risen Christ,? Biblical Illustrator, Spring 2012.
- ?Did the Apostles Report Jesus? Words Accurately?? The Apologetics Study Bible for Students, 2010.
- ?Canon and Transmission: How we Got the Old Testament,? HCSB Study Bible, B&H Publishing, October 2010.
- ?Canon and Transmission: How we Got the New Testament,? HCSB Study Bible, B&H Publishing, October 2010.
- ?Background for the Gospel of Mark,? Biblical Illustrator, November 2009.
- ?The Copenhagen Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics: A Brief Assessment from the Christian Worldview,? Southern Baptist Journal of Theology 11:1 (2007).
Select Books Edited for B&H Publishing
- ?Does the ?New Physics? Conflict with Christianity?? Apologetics Study Bible, B&H Publishing, 2007.
- ?Origins of the Gospel: Idea or Revelation?? Christian Observer, August 2003.
- ?Origins of the Gospel: Is the New Testament Greek?? Christian Observer, September 2003.
- Ghost writer for magazine articles supporting Men?s Fraternity and Becoming a Man ? ministry products of Dr. Robert Lewis.
- The HCSB Study Bible, General Editor and Contributing Scholar, 2010.
- Holman KJV Study Bible, General Editor and Contributing Scholar, 2012.
- The Holman Apologetics Commentary on the Bible, General Editor, 2013.
- Holman QuickSource Guide to Understanding Creation, Mark Whorton, 2008.
- Holman QuickSource Guide to the Dead Sea Scrolls, Craig A. Evans, 2010.
- The Apologetics Study Bible for Students, General Editor Sean McDowell, 2010.
Radio and Television
- Evangelical Theological Society ? Fall 2007, San Diego, CA. ?The Copenhagen Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics: An Introduction and Worldview Assessment?
- I have done a hundred or so local, national, and international radio interviews in support of my books and B&H products. I have appeared on The Harvest Show (December 11, 2009) for LeSea Television Network in support of my book, Understanding Jesus.
Edwin A. Blum
- 2011 ECPA Bible of the Year Award for the HCSB Study Bible
is the general editor of the HCSB (Holman Christian Standard Bible) translation. He holds degrees from Dallas Theological Seminary (Th.M., Th.D.) and the University of Basel (D. Theol.).
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.