Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Codice inventario libreria
Riassunto: Seeing the World with a Sense of Wonder (subtitle: Ideas and Activities from Science and the Arts for Children from Nine to Ninety-Nine) is a book, as the title suggests, dedicated to helping the reader understand in a very practical way why the world is so wonder-full.
It includes the following features:
- Each section of the book, including the preface, consists of four pages (five for the sections at the end of a chapter): two pages of ideas, followed by two or three pages of activities, most of which relate to the ideas in the section.
- The books is a sturdily bound hard cover book with smyth sewn pages.
- One hundred and fifty pages in full color.
- 39 colorful and engaging decorative borders (including the front and back covers ofthe book and the chapter covers)
- A total of 100 activities, some original and innovative, others chosen from the classics of children's activities, all carefully explained in a friendly narrative style.
- A careful consideration of the safety issues involved in doing activities, including a comprehensive safety section, careful choice of appropriate activities, and safety reminders where necessary in the activities.
L'autore: Peter Kahan taught science and math for 25 years to children from the 7th through the 12th grade at two schools: Columbia Grammar and Preparatory School in New York City and the Dwight-Englewood School in Englewood, New Jersey. He is currently semi-retired , working on art (including watercolor sketches for greeting cards) and on repairing his long-neglected house, starting with a new roof.
He did all the writing and almost all the artwork for this book and developed many new activities in an attempt to make the activities as relevant as possible.
His interests include tennis, swimming, walks in the woods, do-it-yourself home repair, Eastern ideas (e.g. Gurdjieff, Krishnamurti, Zen), and sketching (mostly during vacations).
Condizione libro: New
Descrizione libro Whaley Lake Home Press LLC. Condizione libro: Very Good. Used - Very Good Item may show signs of wear. May contain some writing and highlighting. Codice libro della libreria 1-O-5-4608
Descrizione libro Whaley Lake Home Press LLC. Hardcover. Condizione libro: VERY GOOD. Very Good: Cover and pages show some wear from reading and storage. May have light creases on the cover and binding. Codice libro della libreria 2610936064
Descrizione libro Whaley Lake Home Press LLC, 2006. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0578035561
Descrizione libro Whaley Lake Home Press LLC, 2006. Hardcover. Condizione libro: Brand New. 1st edition. 150 pages. 11.10x8.70x0.70 inches. In Stock. Codice libro della libreria 0578035561