Previously entitled ‘Collins Pocket Guide Stars and Planets’, this classic guide to the night sky enters its fourth edition as part of the authoritative ‘Collins Guide’ series.
A comprehensive guide to all the stars and celestial objects visible with the use of binoculars or an average-sized telescope, this fully revised edition features updated and extended text, improved sky charts, and new diagrams and photographs.
• Unique yearly planetary data, available as a downloadable web resource
• Monthly sky maps of the northern and southern hemispheres, so you can identify constellations and bright stars from various latitudes throughout the year
• Descriptions of all the 88 constellations and their stars opposite a specially prepared chart showing the constellation in relation to the surrounding skies
• Detailed information on stars, nebulae, galaxies, the Moon and the Solar System
• Practical advice on choosing and using binoculars and telescopes
In addition to the charts and diagrams, the text is accompanied by many photographs throughout, making this the most practical and comprehensive guide to the night sky.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Praise for ‘Collins Pocket Guide Stars and Planets’:
‘…by far the best of the currently available, pocket-sized guides and is one to be warmly recommended.’
Ian Ridpath has been a full-time writer, broadcaster, and lecturer on astronomy and space since 1972. He is a Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society, as well as a member of the Society of Authors and of the Association of British Science Writers.
Wil Tirion is the world's leading celestial cartographer, having designed the first ever star atlas in 1981. Together Ian and Wil have also produced ‘Collins Pocket Guide Stars and Planets’ and ‘Collins Gem Stars’.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Collins, 2011. Paperback. Condizione libro: Very Good. Collins Stars and Planets Guide (Collins Guide) This book is in very good condition and will be shipped within 24 hours of ordering. The cover may have some limited signs of wear but the pages are clean, intact and the spine remains undamaged. This book has clearly been well maintained and looked after thus far. Money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. See all our books here, order more than 1 book and get discounted shipping. . Codice libro della libreria 7719-9780007424429