Crafting and Executing Strategy presents the latest research findings from the literature and cutting-edge strategic practices of companies. The chapter content continues to be solidly mainstream and balanced, mirroring both the best academic thinking and the pragmatism of real-world strategic management.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Arthur A. Thompson, Jr earned his B.S. and Ph.D. degrees in economics from The University of Tennessee, spent three years on the economics faculty at Virginia Tech, and served on the faculty of The University of Alabama’s College of Commerce and Business Administration for 24 years.
Dr. A. J. (Lonnie) Strickland , a native of North Georgia, attended the University of Georgia, where he received a bachelor of science degree in math and physics in 1965.
John E. Gamble is currently Associate Dean and Professor of Management in the Mitchell College of Business at the University of South Alabama.
Part I: Concepts and Techniques for Crafting and Executing Strategy
A: Introduction and Overview
1: What Is Strategy and Why Is It Important?
2: Leading the Process of Crafting and Executing Strategy
B: Core Concepts and Analytical Tools
3: Evaluating a Company’s External Environment
4: Evaluating a Company’s Resources and Competitive Position
C: Crafting a Strategy
5: Five Generic Competitive Strategies - Which One to Employ?
6: Supplementing the Chosen Competitive Strategy: Other Important Strategy Choices
7: Strategies for Competing in Foreign Markets
8: Diversification: Strategies for Managing a Group of Businesses
9: Ethical Business Strategies, Social Responsibility, and Environmental Sustainability
D: Executing the Strategy
10: Building an Organization Capable of Good Strategy Execution
11: Managing Internal Operations: Actions That Promote Good Strategy Execution
12: Corporate Culture and Leadership: Keys to Good Strategy Execution
Part II: Cases
A: Crafting Strategy in Single-Business Companies
1. Whole Foods Market in 2008—Vision, Core Values, and Strategy
2. Costco Wholesale Corp. in 2008—Mission, Business Model, and Strategy
3. JetBlue Airways: A Cadre of New Managers Takes Control
4. Competition in the Golf Equipment Industry in 2008
5. Competition in the Movie Rental Industry in 2008: Netflix and Blockbuster Battle for Market Leadership
6. Dell, Inc. in 2008—Can It Overtake Hewlett-Packard as the Worldwide Leader in Personal Computers?
7. Apple, Inc. in 2008
8. Panera Bread Company
9. Rogers’s Chocolates
10. Nucor Corporation—Competing Against Low Cost Foreign Imports
11. Competition in Video Game Consoles
12. Nintendo’s Strategy for the Wii—Good Enough to Beat Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3?
13. Corona Beer
14. Google’s Strategy in 2008
15. The Challenges Facing eBay in 2008—Time for Changes in Strategy?
16. Loblaw Companies Limited: Preparing for Wal-Mart Supercenters
17. Research in Motion: Managing Explosive Growth
B: Crafting Strategy in Diversified Companies
18. Adidas in 2008: Has Corporate Restructuring Increased Shareholder Value?
19. PepsiCo’s Diversification Strategy in 2008
C: Executing Strategy and Strategic Leadership
20. Robin Hood
21. Dilemma at Devil’s Den
22. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. in 2008—Management’s Initiatives to Transform the Company and Curtail Wal-Mart Bashing
23. Southwest Airlines in 2008: Culture, Values, and Operating Practices
24. Shangri-La Hotels
Section D: Strategy, Ethics, and Social Responsibility
25. E. & J. Gallo
26. Detecting Unethical Practices at Supplier Factories:
The Monitoring and Remediation Challenges
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Brand New. Brand New, 17 edition, , color Printing, Softcover International Edition., GET IT FAST within 2-5 business days by UPS/DHL worldwide express with Tracking Number. Book is printed in English. NO PO Box, APO, FPO address. This is international edition. The international edition will has different ISBN and Cover design from US edition. Occasionally, international textbooks may come with different exercises at the end of chapters. Restricted sales disclaimer wordings //Not for Sales in USA and Canada// are printed on the cover of the book. It is legally to use the international edition in North America. We may ship the books from Asian regions for inventory purpose. Codice libro della libreria 2098N
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: New. International Edition Book In Mint condition. Shipping with Trackable Method. Codice libro della libreria 0070182604-TOS
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: New. New. International edition. Perfect condition. Ship by express service to USA, Canada, Australia, France, Italy, UK, Germany and Netherland. Customer satisfaction our priority. Codice libro della libreria ABE-BOOK-12268
Descrizione libro Mcgrawhill Sp. Condizione libro: New. This is an Int'l Edition. Please note: We do not ship to PO Boxes, please provide us with your complete delivery address. Codice libro della libreria DXPCBS1MAR-3968
Descrizione libro Irwin/McGraw-Hill, 2010. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0070182604
Descrizione libro The McGraw-Hill Company. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria 8320226
Descrizione libro McGraw-Hill, 2009. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. 5th or later Edition. ** Brand New US Edition ** Shipping is 3-5 Working days by DHL or Fedex With Tracking number. We do not ship to PO Box, FPO and APO addresses. Codice libro della libreria 9780070182608
Descrizione libro Irwin/McGraw-Hill. PAPERBACK. Condizione libro: New. 0070182604 Brand new book. International Edition. Ship from multiple locations. 3-5 business days Express Delivery to USA/UK/Europe/Asia/Worldwide. Tracking number will be provided. Satisfaction guaranteed. Codice libro della libreria SKU002589