Thompson, Strickland and Gambles’, CRAFTING AND EXECUTING STRATEGY, 17e presents the latest research findings from the literature and cutting-edge strategic practices of companies have been incorporated to keep step with both theory and practice. The chapter content continues to be solidly mainstream and balanced, mirroring both the best academic thinking and the pragmatism of real-world strategic management.
An attractive collection of 20 readings that amplify important topics in managing a company’s strategy-making, strategy-executing process is included in this Text and Readings version to provide students with a taste of the literature of strategic management before tackling cases or simulation projects.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Arthur A. Thompson, Jr earned his B.S. and Ph.D. degrees in economics from The University of Tennessee, spent three years on the economics faculty at Virginia Tech, and served on the faculty of The University of Alabama’s College of Commerce and Business Administration for 24 years.
Dr. A. J. (Lonnie) Strickland , a native of North Georgia, attended the University of Georgia, where he received a bachelor of science degree in math and physics in 1965.
John E. Gamble is currently Associate Dean and Professor of Management in the Mitchell College of Business at the University of South Alabama.
Part I: Concepts and Techniques for Crafting and Executing Strategy
Section A: Introduction and Overview
Chapter 1: What Is Strategy and Why Is It Important?
Chapter 2: Leading the Process of Crafting and Executing Strategy
Section B: Core Concepts and Analytical Tools
Chapter 3: Evaluating a Company’s External Environment
Chapter 4: Evaluating a Company’s Resources and Competitive Position
Section C: Crafting a Strategy
Chapter 5: Five Generic Competitive Strategies--Which One to Employ?
Chapter 6: Supplementing the Chosen Competitive Strategy: Other Important Strategy Choices
Chapter 7: Strategies for Competing in Foreign Markets
Chapter 8: Diversification: Strategies for Managing a Group of Businesses
Chapter 9: Ethical Business Strategies, Social Responsibility, and Environmental Sustainability
Section D: Executing the Strategy
Chapter 10: Building an Organization Capable of Good Strategy Execution
Chapter 11: Managing Internal Operations: Actions That Promote Good Strategy Execution
Chapter 12: Corporate Culture and Leadership: Keys to Good Strategy Execution Readings
1. Can You Say What Your Strategy Is?
2. Enabling Bold Visions
3. Location, Location: The Geography of Industry Clusters
4. Identifying Valuable Resources
5. The Battle of the Value Chains: New Specialized versus Old Hybrids
6. Playing Hardball: Why Strategy Still Matters
7. Hitting Back: Strategic Responses to Low-Cost Rivals
8. Limited Potential Niche or Prospective Market Foothold? Five Tests
9. Value Innovation: A Leap into the Blue Ocean
10. Racing to Be 2nd: Conquering the Industries of the Future
11. Globalization Is an Option, Not an Imperative. Or, Why the World Is Not Flat
12. The Challenge for Multinational Corporations in China: Think Local, Act Global
13. How to Win in Emerging Markets
14. Why Is Synergy So Difficult in Mergers of Related Businesses?
15. Corporate Social Responsibility: Why Good People Behave Badly in Organizations
16. Competing Responsibly
17. The Secrets to Successful Strategy Execution
18. Some Pros and Cons of Six Sigma: An Academic Perspective
19. Linking Goals to Monetary Incentives
20. The Seven Habits of Spectacularly Unsuccessful Executives
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Irwin/McGraw-Hill, 2009. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0070183392
Descrizione libro Mcgraw-Hill Education - Europe, 2009. Paperback. Condizione libro: Brand New. 17 revised ed edition. 640 pages. In Stock. Codice libro della libreria zk0070183392
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: New. New. Soft Cover International edition. Different ISBN and Cover image but contents are same as US edition.Perfect condition. Ship by express service to USA, Canada, Australia, France, Italy, UK, Germany and Netherland. Customer satisfaction our priority. Codice libro della libreria ABEBOOK-551
Descrizione libro The McGraw-Hill Company. Condizione libro: New. pp. 640. Codice libro della libreria 7385753
Descrizione libro MCGRAW-HILL COLLEGE. Soft cover. Condizione libro: New. New, 17th Edition, Color Print, International Edition .Premium quality books. Ship via FedEx, UPS, DHL. Delivery time is 3-5 biz days. Codice libro della libreria 0070183392
Descrizione libro Irwin/McGraw-Hill. PAPERBACK. Condizione libro: New. 0070183392 Brand new book. International Edition. Ship from multiple locations. 3-5 business days Express Delivery to USA/UK/Europe/Asia/Worldwide. Tracking number will be provided. Satisfaction guaranteed. Codice libro della libreria SKU004064