This long-needed handbook is the first to cover the entire fields of machine design in a single volume. It emphasizes solutions to practical problems that arise on the job and includes computer-aided design methods and other sophisticated machine computational techniques.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
CHAPTER AND VERSE FOR DESIGN ENGINEERS
Known as the professionals' bible, Standard Handbook of Machine Design puts the formulas, solutions, and reference material engineers need at their fingertips. Definitive and comprehensive, this superlative reference provides:
* Two new chapters on the evolution of a successful machine design and pressure cylinders
* Classic computational methods
* Current codes and standards
* Comprehensive design solutions for topics such as Cams, Gears, Springs, Clutches, Brakes, and Bolted and Welded connections
* A thesaurus of mechanisms
* Tables, standards, and code data
* Reorganization for quick look-up of information
THE LATEST IDEAS IN MACHINE DESIGN AND ANALYSIS
· Standards, Codes, Regulations · Computational Considerations · Wear · Solid Materials · Strength of Cold-Worked & Heat-Treated Steels · Strength Under Static Circumstances · Welded Connection · Instabilities in Beams and Columns · Curved Beams and Rings · Seals · Flywheels Fits & Tolerances· Power Screws · Threaded Fasteners · Unthreaded Fasteners · Bolted & Riveted Joints · Springs · Lubrication · Gaskets · Rolling-Contact Bearings · Journal Bearings · Couplings · Structural Plastics & Adhesives · Clutches & Brakes · Belt Drives · Chain Drives · Spur Gears · Bevel and Hypoid Gears · Helical Gears · Worm Gearing · Shafts · Vibration & Control of Vibration · A Thesaurus of Mechanisms · Cam Mechanisms · Linkages · Load-Cycle Analysis · Corrosion · Gear Trains · Sections & Shapes · Tabular Data · Stress · Deflection ·
Joseph E. Shigley (deceased) was Professor Emeritus at the University of Michigan, Fellow in the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, received the Worcester Reed Warner medal in 1977 and their Machine Design Award in 1985. He was the author of eight books, including Theory of Machines and Mechanisms (with John J. Uicker, Jr.), and Applied Mechanics of Materials and Coeditor-in-Chief of the Standard Handbook of Machine Design.
Charles R. Mischke, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa. He has authored many technical papers on designing to a reliability specification, computer-aided design, and design morphology. His was Coeditor-in-Chief, with J.E. Shigley, of the Standard Handbook of Machine Design, First and Second Editions.
Thomas Hunter Brown, Jr., Ph.D., PE, is Professor of Mechanical Engineering at North Carolina State University. He currently manages both the FE review program and the Civil Engineering PE Review Program at the University's Institute for Transportation Research and Education (ITRE), in addition to fulfilling his course development and teaching responsibilities. Brown also teaches review courses for the Mechanical Engineering PE Review Program offered by the University and a private professional development firm. Prior to coming to NC State, Dr. Brown worked as a mechanical engineer for Scientific-Atlanta, Inc., Fluor Daniel Construction, and Burlington Industries, where he specialized in stress analysis and machine design.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro McGraw Hill, 1986. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Hardcover; new, with dust jacket. Codice libro della libreria 5996
Descrizione libro Mcgraw-Hill (Tx), 1986. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Never used!. Codice libro della libreria P110070568928
Descrizione libro Mcgraw-Hill (Tx), 1986. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria M0070568928
Descrizione libro Mcgraw-Hill (Tx), 1986. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0070568928