Overview: Thompson, Strickland and Gambles', CRAFTING AND EXECUTING STRATEGY, 16e presents the latest research findings from the literature and cutting-edge strategic practices of companies have been incorporated to keep step with both theory and practice. The chapter content continues to be solidly mainstream and balanced, mirroring both the best academic thinking and the pragmatism of real-world strategic management.
Known for its cases and teaching notes, CRAFTING AND EXECUTING STRATEGY, 16e provides an unparalleled case line up. (1) 28 of the 31 cases are new to this edition, (2) The selection of cases is diverse, timely, and thoughtfully-crafted and complements the text presentation pushing students to apply the concepts and analytical tools they have read about. (3) Many cases involve high-profile companies. (4) And there’s a comprehensive package of support materials that are a breeze to use, highly effective, and flexible enough to fit most any course design.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
A.J. (Lonnie) Strickland received a BS in Math and Physics from the University of Georgia, an MS in Industrial Management from Georgia Institute of Technology, and a PhD from Georgia State university. He currently holds the rank of Professor of Strategic Management in the Graduate School of Business at the University of Alabama. He has done extensive consulting and research work. In recent years, he was honored with the Outstanding Professor Award for the Graduate School of Business, and was the recipient of the Outstanding Commitment to Teaching Award for the University of Alabama.Contenuti:
Part One: Concepts and Techniques for Crafting and Executing Strategy
Section A: Introduction and Overview
1. What Is Strategy and Why Is It Important?
2. The Managerial Process of Crafting and Executing Strategy
Section B: Core Concepts and Analytical Tools
3. Evaluating a Company’s External Environment
4. Analyzing a Company’s Resources and Competitive Position
Section C: Crafting a Strategy
5. The Five Generic Competitive Strategies: Which One to Employ?
6. Supplementing the Chosen Competitive Strategy: Other Important Strategy Choices
7. Competing in Foreign Markets
8. Tailoring Strategy to Fit Specific Industry and Company Situations
9. Diversification: Strategies for Managing a Group of Businesses
10. Strategy, Ethics, and Social Responsibility
Section D: Executing the Strategy
11. Building an Organization Capable of Good Strategy Execution
12. Managing Internal Operations: Actions That Facilitate Strategy
13. Corporate Culture and Leadership: Keys to Good Strategy Execution
Part Two: Cases
Section A: Crafting Strategy in Single-Business Companies
1. Costco Wholesale Corporation: Mission, Business Model, and Strategy
2. Shearwater Adventures Ltd.
3. The Battle in Radio Broadcasting: XM vs. Sirius vs. Local Radio vs. Internet Radio
4. Competition in the Bottled Water Industry in 2006
5. Blue Nile, Inc.—World’s Largest Online Diamond Retailer
7. Panera Bread Company
8. Coach Inc.: Is Its Advantage in Luxury Handbags Sustainable?
9. Nucor Corporation—Competing Against Low Cost Steel Imports
10. The YMCA of London, Ontario
11. Wild Oats Market, Inc.
12. Zune: Microsoft’s Entry into the Digital Music Player Market
13. Skywest, Inc. and the Regional Airline Industry
14. Competition in Video Game Consoles: Sony, Microsoft, and nintendo Balle for Supremacy
15. Electronic Arts in 2007: Can It Retain Its Global Lead in Video Game Software?
16. Sun Microsystems
17. Toyota’s Strategy and Initiatives in Europe: The Launch of the Aygo
18. Econet Wireless International’s Expansion Across Africa
Section B: Crafting Strategy in Diversified Companies
19. PepsiCo in 2007: Strategies to Increase Shareholder Value
20. Spectrum Brands’ Diversification Strategy: A Success or a Failure?
21. Sara Lee Corppration: Retrenching to a Narrower Rang of Business
Section C: Executing Strategy and Strategic Leadership
22. Robin Hood
23. Dilemma at Devil's Den
24. Enterprise Rent-a-Car
25. Manpower Australia: Using Strategy Maps and the Balanced Scorecard Effectively
26. Abercrombie and Fitch: An Upscale Sporting Goods Retailer Becomes a Leader in Trendy Apparel
27. New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc.
28. Ryanair: European Pioneer of Budget Airline Travel
Section D: Strategy, Ethics, and Social Responsibility 29. Monitoring Foreign Suppliers: The Challenge of Detecting Unethical Practices
30. Queensland Rainforest Resort
31. Smithfield Foods' Vertical Integration Strategy: Is It Environmentally Correct?
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro McGraw Hill Higher Education, 2007. Condizione libro: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Codice libro della libreria ABE_book_new_0071285903
Descrizione libro McGraw Hill Higher Education, 2007. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0071285903
Descrizione libro McGraw Hill Higher Education. PAPERBACK. Condizione libro: New. 0071285903 New Condition. Codice libro della libreria NEW4.0026186
Descrizione libro The McGraw-Hill Company. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria 5774048