Al momento non sono disponibili copie per questo codice ISBN.Vedi tutte le copie di questo ISBN:
Bioethics: Principles, Issues, and Cases, Second Edition, explores the philosophical, medical, social, and legal aspects of key bioethical issues. Opening with a thorough introduction to ethics, bioethics, and moral reasoning, it then covers influential moral theories and the criteria for evaluating them. Integrating eighty-five readings—thirteen of them new to this edition—numerous cases, and abundant pedagogical tools, the book addresses the most provocative and controversial topics in bioethics.
Updated throughout, the second edition incorporates new information on justice, health care, and health insurance reform along with more coverage of issues related to race and culture and of the moral challenges facing nurses and other health care professionals. It also offers additional step-by-step guidance on how to identify and evaluate moral arguments in real-world contexts, with accompanying exercises and answers in an appendix.
* "Classic Case Files" describe landmark cases that shaped the debate, while news-making "Cases for Evaluation" encourage students to form their own opinions
* Various text boxes: "In Depth" boxes contain additional material, illustrations, or analyses, much of it "ripped from the headlines"; "Fact File" boxes provide statistics on the social, medical, and scientific facets of a chapter's topic; and "Legal Brief" boxes summarize important court rulings and the status of major legislation
* "Key Terms" are boldfaced and boxed off within the text and then defined in a glossary at the back of the book
* "Applying Major Theories" sections at the end of each chapter help students relate theories to the issues
* Unique Support Package:
An Instructor's Manual and Testbank on CD features reading summaries, essay questions, key terms, sample syllabi, and numerous test questions
* A Companion Website at www.oup.com/us/vaughn contains Powerpoint lecture outlines, reading summaries, student self-test questions, flashcards, and helpful web links
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Lewis Vaughn is the author or coauthor of several books, including Philosophy Here and Now: Powerful Ideas in Everyday Life (2012), Contemporary Moral Arguments, Second Edition (2012), The Power of Critical Thinking, Fourth Edition (2012), and Great Philosophical Arguments (2011), all published by Oxford University Press.Contenuti:
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press. Condizione: new. Codice articolo think0199796238
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press, 2012. Paperback. Condizione: New. Brand New!. Codice articolo VIB0199796238
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press, USA. Condizione: new. Book is in NEW condition. Satisfaction Guaranteed! Fast Customer Service!!. Codice articolo MBSN0199796238
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press, 2012. Condizione: New. A+ Customer service! Satisfaction Guaranteed! Book is in NEW condition. Codice articolo 0199796238-2-1