Negotiating and Structuring Construction Contracts is an authoritative, insider's perspective on best practices for the construction contracting process. Featuring partners from some of the nation s leading law firms, these experts discuss how to protect client interests and negotiate key provisions, and offer up their thoughts on recent developments and trends in construction contracting. These top lawyers give tips on risk allocation during drafting and negotiating, including a comparison of risk in both AIA and ConsensusDOCS standard forms, and discuss project delivery methods, with a focus on key concerns related to the Integrated Project Delivery model. Additionally, these leaders reveal their strategies for Green building, public sector contracts, and dispute resolution. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced attorneys offer up their thoughts on successful contracting in an ever-evolving industry.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies nationwide, rather than third-party accounts from unknown authors and analysts. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession or topic is headed and the most important issues for the future. Through an exhaustive selection process, each author was hand-picked by the Inside the Minds editorial board to author a chapter for this book.
1. Anne E. Gorham, Member and Construction Service Group Chair, Stites & Harbison PLLC Navigating Construction Contracts: Comparison of Risk Allocation of Standard Forms
2. Kirk J. Retz, Principal, Law Offices of Kirk J. Retz PC and Edward D. Lodgen, Partner, Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP Contractual Considerations and Issues Related to Integrated Project Delivery"
3. Dale E. Ahearn, Member and Geoffrey M. White, Attorney, Frost Brown Todd LLC Understanding and Mitigating the Legal Risks of Green Building
4. Laurence R. Phillips, Partner , McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP Understanding Recent Developments in Construction Contracts and Dispute Resolution"
5. Steven M. Polan, PartnerÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â¸ Nancy K. Feinrider, Partner, and Ron Grodzinski, Counsel, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips LLP Infrastructure Contracting in the Public Sphere: Managing the RFP Process
Appendix A: RFQ Insert for Green Building Project
Appendix B: RFQ Sample Response from Design Professional for Green Building Project
Appendix C: Owner-Architect Agreement Insert for Green Building Project
Appendix D: Construction Contract Insert for Green Building Project Bonus
Appendix E: Construction Contract Insert for Green Building Project Subcontractors
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Thomson West; Aspatore Books, 2009. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0314904190
Descrizione libro Thomson West; Aspatore Books. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0314904190