PHTLS Prehospital Trauma Life Support, 6e (Phtls: Basic & Advanced Prehospital Trauma Life Support)
As the required textbook for NAEMT's worldwide prehospital trauma life support courses, Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) is the definitive resource for learning basic and advanced prehospital trauma skills and concepts. Now revised and expanded to cover all aspects of prehospital trauma - with new chapters on burns, wilderness trauma, tactical considerations, weapons of mass destruction, triage and disaster management, and environmental trauma - the 6th edition is the ultimate trauma text for any prehospital care provider! The 6th edition is also ideal for use as the trauma component of an EMT or paramedic course or as a general reference tool on trauma assessment and management. The Instructor's Resource Manual with CD-ROM is available for certified PHTLS instructors ONLY. It can be ordered through MosbyJems, but customers must first obtain an access code from the National PHTLS office at 1-800-94-PHTLS or 1-601-924-7744. Individuals may also call the above numbers for information on How to Become a PHTLS Instructor.
- Provides CEUs for First Responders, EMTs, paramedics, nurses, & physicians; proceeds from the course go to the NAEMT and are used to support the profession; it improves the quality of care (research is available); can be incorporated into initial training or as a stand-alone continuing education course; promotes critical thinking as the foundation for providing quality care.
- PHTLS is a continuing education program authored and administered by the PHTLS division of the National Association of EMTs (NAEMT) in conjunction with the Committee on Trauma of the American College of Surgeons.
- A consistent approach for every body region makes the book easy to follow and includes content on anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, and assessment and management.
- Airway, Thoracic, and Spinal Skills are presented in a heavily illustrated, step-by-step format.
- Scenarios and Scenarios Solutions are provided for every chapter to promote critical thinking and allow "real-world" application of the chapter.
- More information on kinematics than any similar book on the market.
- More comprehensive, covering ALL aspects of prehospital trauma
- More thoroughly referenced than ever with the most accurate, up-to-date, evidence-based information available
- Information on Prolonged/Extended Transport added to all applicable chapters
- Chapter on Burns provides an in-depth view of how to treat burn trauma patients.
- A companion DVD-ROM (new format) shows full-screen video clips of all airway and spinal skills used in PHTLS. Skills are even subtitled in six languages! It also contains information - such as the Glasgow Coma Scale, Revised Trauma Score, Rule of Nines, Parkland Formula, and Pediatric Vital Signs - to download to your PDA.
- Chapter on Triage and Disaster Management addresses the multiple casualty incident in detail, whether the incident is as small as 3-4 people to a disaster involving hundreds.
- Chapter on Weapons of Mass Destruction explains how to correctly react at the scene of an incident involving biological, nuclear, incendiary, chemical, or explosive agents.
- Chapter on Civilian Tactical EMS describes how prehospital providers can support police operations, promote crime scene awareness, and apply PHTLS concepts to civilian tactical settings.
- Chapter on Wilderness Trauma Care describes treatment of trauma patients in wilderness situations, including information on extended transport times.
- Two Environmental Trauma chapters offer more information on a wide variety of environmental emergency topics.
- 8 laminated quick reference cards with helpful information such as the Glasgow Coma Scale, spinal immobilization, and more-they can go anywhere for easy quick-reference.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
The ultimate trauma text for any prehospital care provider
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.