After thirty years, PPID is still the reference of choice for comprehensive, global guidance on diagnosing and treating the most challenging infectious diseases. Drs. Mandell, Bennett, and Dolin have substantially revised and meticulously updated, this new edition to save you time and to ensure you have the latest clinical and scientific knowledge at your fingertips. With new chapters, expanded and updated coverage, increased worldwide perspectives, and many new contributors, Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett’s Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, 7th Edition helps you identify and treat whatever infectious disease you see. And, as an Expert Consult title with enhanced online features, this updated 7th edition comes with convenient access to the full text online, regular updates on the new developments in the field and advances in therapy, and more at expertconsult.com.
· Features online access of the entire book’s content- fully searchable-as well as access to regular updates on new developments in the field and advances in therapy, such as the new strain of H1N1, a drug database, downloadable image library, and more at expertconsult.com.
· Provides more in-depth coverage of epidemiology, etiology, pathology, microbiology, immunology, and treatment of infectious agents than you’ll find in any other ID resource so you can get the answers to any questions you have.
· Presents 1,100 exquisite color photographs that reflect real-life patient symptoms for enhanced visual guidance.
· Offers current and up-to-date information on the newly recognized and emerging influenza viruses including Swine and Avian influenzas so you are able to accurately diagnose and treat anything that comes your way.
· Uses a consistent chapter-to-chapter layout for easy navigation.
· Features updated coverage of the emerging influenza viruses, such as the Swine and Avian Influenzas, microbial pathogenesis, infections in cancer patients, MRSA, antibiotic resistance, travel medicine, importation of exotic pets, bioterrorism agents, and much more.
· Includes new chapters on Probiotics, Outbreak Investigation, Infection of Nonvalvular Cardiovascular Devices, and Chlamydophila Pneumonia to keep you up to date on today’s hot topics.
· Incorporates many more new American and International contributors, giving you fresh perspectives and expanded global insights.
Evolve with PPID, the cornerstone of your infectious disease practice.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Raphael Dolin, MD, Maxwell Finland Professor of Medicine (Microbiology & Molecular Genetics), Harvard Medical School; Attending Physician, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MassachusettsReview:
No other text comes close."―JAMA. "The practical utility of this book cannot be overstated...It is indispensable...and belongs in every medical school and university library. It is simply a masterpiece." ―Clinical Infectious Diseases. Reviews are of the 6th edition.
"The 7th edition of Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases provides an astonishing amount of comprehensive information on all aspects of infection. Nothing has been overlooked in these two very large volumes, which are illustrated profusely, often in colour, and with excellent diagrams and tables containing a wealth of details." Travel Medicine and Infectious Diseases,
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Elsevier - Health Sciences Division. Condizione libro: Brand New. Codice libro della libreria 38123602
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Customer satisfaction our priority. Codice libro della libreria ABE-FEB-42467
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Codice libro della libreria SHUB42467
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Brand New. New, US edition. Excellent Customer Service. Codice libro della libreria ABEUSA-42467
Descrizione libro Churchill Livingstone, 2009. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. newWe Ship Every Day! Free Tracking Number Included! International Buyers Are Welcome! Satisfaction Guaranteed!. Codice libro della libreria 10000010470N
Descrizione libro Elsevier. Condizione libro: New. pp. 4320. Codice libro della libreria 8385894
Descrizione libro Churchill Livingstone, 2009. Hardcover. Condizione libro: Brand New. 7th edition. 4320 pages. 11.50x9.30x5.70 inches. In Stock. Codice libro della libreria zk0443068399