Computer software is an essential tool for many statistical modelling and data analysis techniques, aiding in the implementation of large data sets in order to obtain useful results. R is one of the most powerful and flexible statistical software packages available, and enables the user to apply a wide variety of statistical methods ranging from simple regression to generalized linear modelling. Statistics: An Introduction using R is a clear and concise introductory textbook to statistical analysis using this powerful and free software, and follows on from the success of the author's previous best-selling title Statistical Computing.
* Features step-by-step instructions that assume no mathematics, statistics or programming background, helping the non-statistician to fully understand the methodology.
* Uses a series of realistic examples, developing step-wise from the simplest cases, with the emphasis on checking the assumptions (e.g. constancy of variance and normality of errors) and the adequacy of the model chosen to fit the data.
* The emphasis throughout is on estimation of effect sizes and confidence intervals, rather than on hypothesis testing.
* Covers the full range of statistical techniques likely to be need to analyse the data from research projects, including elementary material like t-tests and chi-squared tests, intermediate methods like regression and analysis of variance, and more advanced techniques like generalized linear modelling.
* Includes numerous worked examples and exercises within each chapter.
* Accompanied by a website featuring worked examples, data sets, exercises and solutions:
Statistics: An Introduction using R is the first text to offer such a concise introduction to a broad array of statistical methods, at a level that is elementary enough to appeal to a broad range of disciplines. It is primarily aimed at undergraduate students in medicine, engineering, economics and biology - but will also appeal to postgraduates who have not previously covered this area, or wish to switch to using R.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
"...the book contains some very good concepts..." (The American Statistician, February 2007)
"...will provide you with enhanced statistical insights...and access to a free and powerful computing language." (Clinical Chemistry, May 2006)
"...I know of no better book of its kind..." (Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Vol 169 (1), January 2006)
"...offers a demanding, non-calculus-based coverage of such standard topics as hypothesis testing, modeling, regression, ANOVA, and count data." (CHOICE, November 2005)
"Appeal[s] to a broad range of disciplines" (Zentralblatt MATH Volume 1080)
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Softcover Book, New Condition, Fast Shipping. Ready in Stock. 1st Edition. [Please Read Carefully Before Buying], This Is An International Edition. Printed In Black and White. 342 Pages, Book Cover And ISBN No May Be Different From US Edition. Restricted Sales Disclaimer Wordings Not For Sales In USA And Canada May Be Printed On The Cover Of The Book. Standard Shipping 7-14 Business Days. Expedited Shiping 4-8 Business Days. ***WE DO NOT ENTERTAIN BULK ORDERS.*** The Books May Be Ship From Overseas For Inventory Purpose. Codice libro della libreria 375264
Descrizione libro Paperback. Condizione libro: New. New, Softcover International Edition, Printed in Black and White, Different ISBN, Same Content As US edition, Book Cover may be Different, in English Language. Codice libro della libreria 24601
Descrizione libro Wiley, 2005. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria SONG0470022973
Descrizione libro Wiley, 2005. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. 1. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0470022973
Descrizione libro Wiley, 2005. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Never used!. Codice libro della libreria P110470022973
Descrizione libro Wiley, 2005. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria M0470022973
Descrizione libro Wiley. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. 0470022973 New Condition. Codice libro della libreria NEW7.1107211