"Laptops For Dummies, 3rd Edition" shows you how to use your laptop to its fullest potential, from how to purchase a laptop and what to do when you first open the box to how to keep your laptop safe and running smoothly. You will discover how to choose and purchase the right laptop for you, how to set up and maintain your laptop, customize user accounts, adding your laptop to networks, printing, and connecting to the Internet. In this updated and revised edition, find information about synchronizing with the desktop, coordinating email pickup between two machines, remote access to the desktop, networking, power management, storage, and especially laptop security.You'll find out how to: navigate all your laptop's components; use keyboard shortcuts and a mouse; organize and manage files and accounts; print files and add your laptop to a network; properly equip your laptop carrying case with tools and resources; manage the power supply; and, add software tools to synchronize and update files between a laptop, a PDA, and a desktop or office server. In addition to the basics, find lists of ten battery tips and tricks, ten handy laptop accessories, and ten things you should keep in your laptop carrying case in "Laptops for Dummies, 3rd Edition", a convenient and handy guide!
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Mobile is magnificent!
Here's how to choose, use, and love your laptop
Life is out there waiting -- who wants to be stuck behind a desk? Laptops offer freedom, and if you've been wary of them, fear no more. Here's what you do and don't need in a laptop and how to set it up, use all its features, deal with its oddities, protect it, and more, in the plain English you expect from For Dummies and Dan Gookin.
* Starting at Start -- decide what you need in a laptop, understand the parts, and set it up for action
* Windows view -- learn how Windows Vista(r) and SP1 work with your laptop
* More power -- monitor and recharge your battery and learn to manage your laptop's power
* Get connected -- safely add your laptop to an existing network or configure a wireless connection
* Ah, memory -- store your stuff securely on PC cards, Secure Digital cards, and other devices
* Pain-free Tablets -- explore an entire chapter devoted to the often-overlooked Tablet PC
* Hit the road -- travel safely with your laptop, protect your data, and outwit laptop thieves
* Shoot down trouble -- follow this simple and reassuring advice when something goes wrong
Open the book and find:
* What's different about the laptop keyboard, and why
* Safe ways to collect your e-mail on the road
* Why saving Web pages is smart
* What to do with a cranky battery
* How (and when) to run System Restore
* How to make your laptop hard to steal
* Things you can add to make laptops more fun
* How to sync your laptop with your desktop
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro For Dummies, 2008. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria mon0000427353
Descrizione libro For Dummies. PAPERBACK. Condizione libro: New. 0470277599 Unsold bookstore overstock has slight shelf wear. Brand new. Any book may show light shelf wear from warehouse storage and handling. Codice libro della libreria 36611
Descrizione libro For Dummies, 2008. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. 3. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0470277599
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Codice libro della libreria 97804702775911.0
Descrizione libro For Dummies, 2008. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0470277599
Descrizione libro For Dummies, 2008. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110470277599
Descrizione libro For Dummies. PAPERBACK. Condizione libro: New. 0470277599 New Condition. Codice libro della libreria NEW6.0239987