This is a comprehensive guide to understanding, preventing and treating common behaviour problems of the dog and cat. Written for the busy practicing veterinarian, the information is provided in a very easy to use format, utilising numerous tables and charts.
This new edition has been completely revised and includes new chapters on pain management, alternative therapy, French approach to behaviour problems in dogs and canine and feline behavioural development. An accompanying CD includes numerous behaviour forms and client handouts.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
REVIEWS OF PREVIOUS EDITION:
"...The text is clearly written and is full of useful tables and case studies which help the reader to absorb the information conveyed in the text. A useful appendix lists all the drugs mentioned, and their uses and dosages." Veterinary Record, July 19, 1997
"The Handbook of Behaviour Problems of the Dog and Cat ...can help you incorporate behaviour services in your practice." Veterinary Economics, November 1997.
"Following the three chapters on counselling, chapter 4 is devoted to drugs used in behavioural therapy and comprises some 14 pages. This, together with the appendix, I found invaluable. After reading the book I began to use many more drugs for behavioural modification... This book will be of value for both the novice behavioural practitioner and also those with more experience wanting further insight into specific presented problems." Trevor Turner, Veterinary Times, January 1998
"Recent estimates indicate that veterinarians now spend about 20% of their time dealing with behaviour problems... This handbook is easy to read. It is set out clearly and the chapters cover the common behaviour problems seen in general companion animal practice. The book gives common-sense advice. .....the book will be a valuable resource for small animal veterinary practices to include in the behaviour section of the library." K Seksel, Australian Veterinary Journal, December 1997
1. Behaviour counseling and the veterinary practitioner
2. Puppy and kitten development
3. Prevention: the best medicine
4. Behaviour counseling and behavior diagnostics
5. Treatment: behavior modification techniques
6. Phamacologic intervention in behavioural therapy
7. Complementary and alternative therapy for behavior problems
8. Feeding and diet related problems
9. Pain assessment, pain management, sedation and anesthesia
10. Stereotypic and compulsive disorders
11. Fears and phobias
12. The effects of aging on behavior in senior pets
13. Unruly behaviors, training and management - dogs
14. Unruly behaviors, training and management - cats
15. Canine destructive behaviors
16. Feline destructive behaviors
17. Canine house-soiling
18. Feline house-soiling
19. Canine aggression
20. Feline aggression
21. The European approach to behavior counseling
Appendix A (tables listing where figures appear in text)
Appendix B (manufacturers and resource list)
Appendix C (handouts and forms)
Appendix D (dosage table)
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Saunders Ltd., 2003. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110702027103
Descrizione libro Saunders Ltd., 2003. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. 2. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0702027103