The tourism market is fiercely competitive. No other market place has as many brands competing for attention, and yet only a handful of countries account for 75% of the world's visitor arrivals. The other 200 or so are left to fight for a share of the remaining 25%. Therefore, destination marketers at city, state and national levels have arguably, a far more challenging role than other services or consumer goods marketers.
Destination Marketing: an integrated marketing communication approach focuses on the five core tenets of integrated marketing communications. These embody both the opportunities and challenges facing Destination Marketing Organisations (DMOs), and are: 1. Profitable customer relationships; 2. Enhancing stakeholder relationships; 3. Cross-functional processes; 4. Stimulating purposeful dialogue with customers; and 5. Generating message synergy
The author seeks to provide a rationale for DMOs; to develop a structure, roles and goals of DMOs; to examine the key challenges and constraints facing DMOs; to impart a destination branding process; to develop a philosophy of integrated marketing communications; to lead the emergence of visitor and stakeholder relationship management; and to set forth options for performance measurement.
- The only textbook to examine Destination Marketing Organizations
- Directly links academic theory with industry practice, illustrated with up to the minute international case studies and examples
- Provides a clear framework for designing, implementing and monitoring a competitive strategy based on Integrated Marketing Communications
Prologue; Destination marketing; Definitions; Destination marketing organisations; Organisation structure; DMO funding; The role of government; DMO roles; Marketing strategy development; Marketing research; Destination branding; Destination image; Market positioning; Target markets; Marcom; Distribution; PR; Meetings marketing; Disasters and crises; Performance metricsSinossi:
Book by Pike Steven
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Taylor and Francis. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Brand new book, ships fast from Brisbane bookseller. Destination Marketing (1st Ed.) by Pike, Steven. Published by Taylor and Francis. Paperback or softback book. 424 pages. Codice libro della libreria 9780750686495
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: New. US Edition Book In Mint condition. Shipping with Trackable Method. Codice libro della libreria 0750686499-TOS
Descrizione libro Routledge, 2011. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110750686499
Descrizione libro Routledge, 2011. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0750686499
Descrizione libro Routledge, 2011. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0750686499