A conceptual guide to the martial arts, the book features Jeet Kune Do, Bruce Lee's brilliant martial art, which uses elements from many physical art forms: Western boxing, muay Thai Boxing, kali, shoot wrestling and Brazilian ju-jitsu. In addition to the philosophical and practical bases for the martial arts, Balicki covers:
* Equipment training: Thai pads, focus gloves, the dummy, kickshields
* Weapons and weapons training
* Fighting multiple opponents
* Psychological training
* Trapping: training, confrontation, grappling and groundfighting
* Training for the disabled
* Legal issues For the fighter, the teacher or the fascinated observer, these principles are greater than the sum of themselves, offering insight into a legendary discipline.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Ron Balicki studied martial arts for many years with Dan Inosanto, Bruce Lee's protege. He has enjoyed a varied career as a Cook County deputy sheriff, a stuntman and celebrity bodyguard in L.A., a professional international shootwrestler and a consultant to the military, law enforcement, anti-terrorist groups and the French Executive Secret Service. He has also written for many magazines and produced a widely respected series of training videos. He lives in Los Angeles.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro HNL Publishing, 2001. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria M0953176630
Descrizione libro HNL Publishing, 2001. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Never used!. Codice libro della libreria P110953176630